Recent studies state that India’s Medical insurance premium is estimated to grow at around 20% of compound annual growth rate. The expansion of health insurance market in India is due to the elevated costs of medical treatments, operational & surgical costs, more complex nature of the disease and unexpected viral infection situations which have come in picture.
It has been figured that over 65 percent of people are covered under private insurance companies while the remaining 35 percent are protected by public insurance companies. When we take health insurance premium share into consideration, it’s the public insurers who acquire 60-65% of the stakes while private insurers are limited to mere 40% only. This throws upon a wide opportunity for private sector companies to introduce some well-planned system to focus the masses instead of just approaching the cream layer section of the society.
The success and sustainability of Medical insurance segment will depend upon the development of a strong policy framework, efficient management, and monitoring system. Insurance companies are now working on products that reimburse expenses made for OPD, pharmacy, and consultation. These expenses will be covered on a cashless basis as companies are now aware that customers genuinely feel the need for such a product. The facility will be offered in the hospitals that are a part of our network.
Experts say employer’s Medical insurance is generally more lenient with pre-existing conditions. They cover pre-existing conditions, which otherwise may not be covered under individual health policies. But once you quit the job, you will no longer be covered under the group policy and stand to lose out on the waiver of pre-existing disease waiting period.
Although, personal health policies have a waiting period of about 1 to 4 years but they can be designed as per your needs and requirements. It is to prevent from companies getting duped. There are insurance companies who offer several customized Medical insurance at affordable premium costs. All you need to do is work factors like income source, age & health condition, risk appetite, hereditary disorders, and then approach to customer service or online team for discussion. They will guide you through the right policy structure that will help you keep financially sound during health emergencies.
Health insurance companies are now finally opening their arms to embrace their policyholders. Today, insurers are offering policy coverage worth crore as sum assured, medical coverage facility worldwide. They offer reduced waiting period for pre-existing disease and cover for all ages.
The health-related expenses have become quite steep nowadays. Medical inflation costs are standing at around 15% to 20%. But private health insurance companies are delighted to meet the rising demand with improved policy benefits. However, policyholders also need to shell out little more money to enjoy the feature-rich benefits of the policies. Today, international Medical insurance, that earlier meant for premium customers only, is now being availed by families belonging to the middle-income group.
To get knowledge of the relevant information, you should visit the website of health insurance companies or comparison sites and check out what offer they have in their baskets. If not satisfied you can always meet up the agents and discuss the pros and cons of the policies. They will help you clarify the doubts. Never hide any pre-existing, habits like smoking, drinking or tobacco consumption else you might get shorter financial cover. Always remember that even if the healthcare policy displays a long list of benefits, it is not necessary that every benefit suits your needs. Choose the one which is relevant to your health situation and premium paying capacity.